To celebrate the launch of the Village Stash Society and our Colour of the Month Clubs, we decided to fill our window with rainbows! It’s a seriously happy window if you ask me.
Here are the details on what you’ll find in our display!
- On our smallest dress form we have an Oliver + S Family Reunion Dress. This is my favourite Oliver + S pattern and it was made by our sewing instructor, Marilyn Lewin, who is teaching a Family Reunion Dress class on 26 October. The fabric is Briar Rose by Heather Ross for Windham. Isn’t it a perfect little dress?
- Our next dress form is wearing a very pretty little simple skirt in Kona Pepper trimmed with a rainbow of ric rac. Charlotte of Displacement Activity, our kids sewing teacher, made this for us. She teaches a fun simple skirt class for sewing machine beginners that would also be a great birthday party idea for girls 10 and up! This little model is also wearing a necklace of felt balls.
- The bright plus quilt was made by Kelly of Jeli Quilts using Michael Miller‘s Stitch Floral Circle and it was featured on our homepage recently. You can find Kelly’s tutorial here. If you’d like to learn how to make a similar quilt, get in touch! We’re planning our next Baby Quilt class for January and offering a plus quilt as a design option.
- Next is a Sewaholic Cambie Dress in the Bunting print from Lisa Congdon‘s The Land that Never Was collection for Cloud9. Ruth of Two Hip Hippos made this for me! I’ll show more photos of me in it once the window comes down. It’s such a happy dress.
- Finally we have some fabulous bunting made by Colette of Colette Moscrop using Michael Miller’s Mirror Ball Dots. This bunting makes me so happy! Colette makes the most excellent bunting (this is actually the third time she’s made bunting for the shop’s various activities) and this time I got her to do a tutorial for us so look for that tomorrow!
I hope you’ll pop round and have a look at our display in person! We’re aiming to keep it up until the end of November when we put up our Christmas tree.