Our Gift Guide for Makers!
Our West Hampstead shop is packed with beautiful gifts and kits for everyone on your list! Here are 10 of our faves (by no means an exhaustive list, however!) that we wanted to share to inspire your gift-giving. Almost everything on this list is created here in the UK and that makes us so happy! So let's get into it:
1. Snoopy Amigurumi Kit (£45) - Part of the latest fabulous collab between London-based Stitch & Story and Peanuts, this Snoopy kit is a cuddly delight. With everything you need plus supportive online tutorials, this kit is suitable for beginners!
2. Three Cactus Embroidery Kit (£12.50) - Slow stitching is a perfect way to relax and recharge and we love the cute cactus theme of this happy kit from East Sussex-based Oz & Belle!
3. Spark Creativity Matchbox (£11) - This eye-catching matchbox contains 50 prompts to spark the imagination! The prompts apply to any artistic pursuit, from art to writing to brainstorming, so it's a perfect for creative types.
4. Colour Block Roll Up Beanie & Rain Cloud Mittens Knitting Kit (£38) - A sweet gift for a mum to be! This adorable kit was designed by Button & Blue in Brighton and uses British wool.
5. Make Your Own Gin Kit (£34.99) - A perfect gift for all gin aficionados or anyone looking to add their own unique bottle of gin to their spirits collection! From London-based Kitchen Provisions, this kit includes all the ingredients and instructions to make two bottles of gin from any clear spirit. Also check out the Sloe Gin kit!
6. Lottie Lou Macrame Wall Hanging Kit (£32) - Anyone can make a beautiful macrame wall hanging with this beginner-friendly kit by Yorkshire-based Wool Couture! This kit includes everything you need plus helpful instructions to make it easy.
7. Pop Up Weaving Loom (£14.95) and Teal & Mustard Weaving Supply Pack(£14.95) - Pair a weaving loom with a weaving supply pack (we have loads of colours to choose from!) and you'll be gifting everything they need to make a woven wall hanging! All thoughtfully designed by Dorset-based Hawthorn Handmade.
8. London Tube City Map Tapestry Kit (£89) - London-based Hannah Bass designs colourful, modern tapestry kits that are a joy to stitch! Kits come beautifully packaged (in pink!) and include British Appleton wool.
9. Craft a Life You Love (£11.99) - Amy Tangerine's memoir and hardworking handbook will teach you how to focus your creative energy and make things (and make things happen) by implementing small—yet powerful— changes in your everyday life. The perfect book to start a new year!
10. Simon the Sheep (£28) and Mini Simon the Sheep (£12) Amigurumi Kits - Our beloved Toft amigurumi kits are now available in mini too! We have a wide range of darling kits for all levels. Toft are based in Warwickshire and the kits are created with their own British wool.