Our summer window display
I am so thrilled to show you our newest window display! This display really came together beautifully and I adore all of the samples. Read on for details!
- Our first little girl is wearing a Geranium Dress in the 1000 Cranes in Indigo print from Tsuru, a collection by Rashida Coleman-Hale for Cloud9. The dress was made by Karen LePage of One Girl Circus and it is wonderful. Did you know the Geranium pattern by Made by Rae will soon be available in print? Hooray!
- The next little girl is wearing a Pernilla Dress, a pattern by MillaMia from the book Bright Young Things. It is knitted up in MillaMia’s Naturally Soft Merino in Peacock and it is so sweet!
- Next we have a quilt made by moi! I haven’t had a chance to make a quilt in ages but I somehow found the time. I referred to the Arithmetic Pattern and Modern Plus Quilt Tutorial by Jeni Baker when making this. It’s a single bed size and uses prints from Tsuru, Pearl Bracelets, Stitch Floral Circle, Modern Home and Pure along with loads of Essex Yarn Dyed in Flax. I’m so proud of how it turned out and I’ll be doing a separate post toshow you some snaps of the whole thing. Special thanks to Charlotte and Christine who helped me baste this on the floor of the shop one hot, hot Sunday afternoon!
- On our lady we have an Elisalex Dress in Scallops in Red from the Stamped collection by Ellen Luckett Baker. This Elisalex was made by Elisalex of By Hand London herself! The moment we put it in the window customers started asking if it was for sale. Sadly this fabric is also out of stock but the dress looks fabulous in a linen-blend or quilting cotton because these fabrics hold those gorgeous pleats so well.
- Finally I added some origami cranes at the top of the window. I folded those myself whilst watching Orange is the New Black which I’m obsessed with. I’d meant to rope in some local school kids to help, but waited until it was too close to the end of the year to try to organise so I was out of luck! They are a bit arts and crafts hour but I think they are still kind of fun.
We’re open every day now, so come by and see our window in person!