Tutorial! Quick charm pack party bunting
Here is a fun idea we came up with this week: charm pack bunting! Quick and simple and a great way to use those fun fabrics you just had to have so you grabbed a charm pack. Let’s get started!
1. Find something round to trace and mark where you need to trim off the corners of each square.
2. Trim off the corners
Sewing the flags:
3. Put the pieces in pairs. I chose to arrange them so each bunting flag would be different on the reverse.
4. Put each pair right sides together.
5. Sew with about a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
6. Trim the curves, turn right side out and press each flag.
Assembling the bunting:
7. Arrange in the order you like. I just didn’t want two of the same next to each other, but otherwise tried to keep it pretty random. Don’t forget to check the opposite sides to make sure you’re happy with that arrangement too!
8. Fold your bias in half and sew together, leaving about 7 inches free before adding your first flag.Capture the raw edge inside the bias, reversing at the start and finish of each flag. Leave about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch between each flag (I just eyeballed it). Try not to stretch the bias as you sew.
9. Give your bunting a final press and you’re ready to party!