If you are interested in working or teaching at The Village Haberdashery in West Hampstead, please email email@example.com with your CV and a little about yourself, the crafts you're into and why you think you'd be a great fit at our shop!
We are currently hiring:
Now hiring! Please get in touch!
We are currently looking for an energetic, organised and creative full-time shop manager to start immediately. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone who loves inspiring makers, thrives on providing great hospitality and doesn’t shy away from responsibility. You'll be involved in all aspects of running the shop and the direction the shop grows. You must be a confident problem solver, enjoy managing a team and be able to juggle the many tasks involved in keeping the shop running smoothly down to the last detail. This is a full-time, salaried position. It is a big and incredibly fulfilling job!
- Managing our team, including scheduling, training, payroll, appraisals, internal communication and team motivation
- Purchasing and stock management, including meeting with suppliers, purchasing stock, staying on top of current trends, managing stock on the website and producing monthly reports
- Ensuring online orders are shipped quickly and correctly and customers receive the best possible service in person, email, phone and social media
- Planning the workshop calendar, creating new classes and liaising with teachers and students
- Online marketing, including creating and delivering inspiring content for newsletters and social media, and online merchandising on our website
- Organising and hosting in store events (when safe to do so)
- Assisting with bookkeeping & VAT reports
- General shop admin, including ordering supplies, overseeing repairs and maintenance and ensuring the shop always looks amazing
- Customer relations in all forms of communication including in person, email, phone and social media
- Experience in managing a retail shop or other busy, detail-oriented business
- An outgoing, friendly personality and an ability to make all customers feel enthusiastically welcomed
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Experience managing people
- Experience with email marketing platforms and instagram
- Ready to pitch in to do any jobs necessary to keep the shop running smoothly
- A confident sewer with an interest and curiosity in learning about other crafts
- Great references
We are always on the look out for great additions to our sales team! Sales assistants help our customers in our busy shop, pack and ship online orders, respond to customer service queries and work on various projects around the shop, from admin to merchandising! Retail experience is essential and you must know how to use and trouble-shoot issues on a sewing machine.
Please get in touch if you are:
- Friendly and energetic with a can-do attitude and a smile for every customer
- Able to think on your feet with creative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, organised, efficient and a fast worker
- Comfortable with learning new computer applications and an articulate email writer
- An enthusiastic maker with sewing and knitting skills
- SUPER reliable!
- Have weekend and afternoon availability