Button and Blue Knitting Kit: Colour Block Roll Up Beanie & Rain Cloud Mittens
Knit the cutest hat and mittens in town! Button and Blue kits are created in Brighton using merino wool milled in Yorkshire. This kit includes everything you need to make one pair of Rain Cloud Mittens and one matching Roll Up Beanie. Because the two were made for each other! Includes sizes 0-6M, 6-12M, 1-2Y and 2-3Y.
Level: For sizes 0-6M and 6-12M the pattern is EASY and for sizes 1-2Y and 2-3Y the pattern is INTERMEDIATE
Each kit includes:
- 50g fine merino DK in Lunar Grey
- 50g fine merino DK in Cream
- Small quantity of fine merino DK in Duck Egg
- 4mm bamboo knitting needles
- 3.25mm bamboo knitting needles
- Tapestry needle
- 2 gold honeycomb stitch markers
- Snowball Beanie knitting pattern booklet
- Rain Cloud Mittens knitting pattern booklet
- Knitting techniques guide
- Access to online video tutorials
- Reusable organic cotton project bag
The Wool: The wool is 100% merino, milled in the UK in Yorkshire. Merino wool is perfect for babies and toddlers as it's luxuriously soft, non-irritating to sensitive skin and it helps to regulate body temperature by being both insulating and breathable. Being designed especially with babies and toddlers in mind, the merino in our kits is also non-itchy and machine washable.
The Knitting Pattern: The beanie and mittens are worked flat on straight needles and seamed together at the end. The beanie knitting pattern caters for sizes 0-6M, 6-12M and 1-3Y. The mittens knitting pattern contains instructions for thumbless mittens in sizes 0-6M and 6-12M and mittens with thumbs in sizes 1-2Y and 2-3Y. Alongside the pattern booklet, you also get a Knitting Techniques Guide. This can be used together with the video tutorials to learn to knit as you go.
The pattern and techniques guide are printed in Brighton on recycled paper.