Folklore Weaving Kit by Hawthorn Handmade
This complete weaving kit puts all the tools and materials you need at your fingertips, ready to be turned into a one of a kind woven wall hanging! 100% wool yarns and tops combine to create gorgeous colour combinations and tactile textures, and the detailed instructions will teach you a variety of simple hand weaving techniques to get you started in this wonderful craft.
- The unique pop-up loom is made in the UK from high quality birch plywood. Snap apart the sections, slot together and start weaving!
- Designer Stephanie has sought high and low for the best quality wools and yarns, picking those perfect for hand weaving.
- Use the smooth but tough cotton yarn to warp your loom before you get started weaving.
- Comes with two shuttles and a tapestry needle giving you a variety of ways to weave depending on which you prefer.
- Use the comb to push down the rows and help make your weaving nice and neat.
- Flick through the ‘Guide to Weaving’ to learn how to get started, different techniques you can use and how to finish and hang your weave.
- Take inspiration from the full colour pattern guide, or get creative with your own unique designs.
- The loom is lightweight enough to work on your lap - perfect for cosy evenings in!
This complete kit includes:
- Pop-up weaving loom including two shuttles and a comb
- White cotton warp thread
- 100% Wool yarn in two colours (100g total)
- 100% British wool tops (50g total)
- Tapestry needle (this is plastic, but will last for a long time and is safe for little people)
- Detailed 'Guide to Weaving' instruction booklet
- Full colour pattern inspiration guide
You will also need:
- A pair of scissors
- A small dab of glue (option to hold the loom together permanently)
- Tea and biscuits (optional!)
- Box - 23x6x30cm
- Loom - 19x30cm and 26.5x28cm when popped together.
- Finished piece - approximately 24x35cm