Friday Pattern Company - Hilo Dress
The Hilo is a loose, flowy, boho style dress that is easy to sew. It is designed for knit fabrics with at least 10% stretch. There are two back options: a low, open back, or a bra friendly version that comes to a slight V. Wear this dress with sandals and a floppy hat and you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical vacation. Layer it over a t-shirt, and it makes a great, everyday look. The double layer of this dress makes it both flattering and extremely comfortable.
5/8” seam allowance included
Easy to sew
Designed for knit fabrics with at least 10% stretch
- Matching thread
- Stretch or ballpoint machine needle,
- 1/8 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing.
- Optional: Stay Tape for hems, double machine needle
- XS-M // 45” wide // 3.13 yards (2.9 metres)
- L-XXL // 45” wide // 3.4 yards (3.1 metres)
- XS-M // 54” wide // 2.75 yards (2.5 metres)
- L-XXL // 54” wide // 3.13 yards (2.9 metres)
- XS-M // 60” wide // 2.38 yards (2.2 metres)
- L-XXL // 60” wide // 2.75 yards (2.5 metres)
This dress is designed for knit fabrics with at least 10% stretch. Knits with a bit of drape will give this dress an elegant look and feel. Jersey knits are also suitable. It will give the dress slightly more structure.
Finished Garment Measurements:
This is a loose fitting, flowy dress. The bust measurements below are for the bra friendly, higher backed version. If you are making the lower backed version the back is open at the bust.