Jeans Masterclass with Charlotte Newland
Have you ever dreamed of sewing yourself a pair of great-fitting jeans? The idea of sewing jeans can be intimidating for even the most experienced dressmakers, but in this class our talented teacher will guide you through every step, from trouser-fitting to inserting a zip-fly to top-stitching to installing jeans hardware.
Choose from two styles:
- The Ginger Jeans pattern from Closet Case Patterns is a classic 5-pocket jeans sewing pattern with a modern and flattering cut designed for stretch denim. You can choose from a comfortable low rise fit with narrow stovepipe legs or a sexy and high-waisted pair with skinny legs and a tummy-slimming pocket stay.
- The Morgan Jeans pattern from Closet Case Patterns is a slim boyfriend jeans designed for non-stretch and selvedge denim. Inspired by old school denim style but with a fresh, modern cut, Morgan Jeans are engineered to flatter. Featuring a mid-rise, traditional five pocket construction, contoured waistband, tapered leg and button fly.
Please note these patterns are designed for American sizes 0-20. Please see the size chart for measurements. If you fall outside the size range, this class may not be suitable for you. Please contact us before booking at email@example.com if you have any questions about sizing.
What our students say:
"It was a phenomenal class. I learnt so much and have walked away with a pair of jeans that fit me better than any RTW. Charlotte is so patient and an amazing teacher." - Umbareen
"Really glad it was a 3 day class as there was so much to fit in! I feel confident now to make my next pair of jeans knowing each step from fitting to finishing. I don't see how that level of detail can be done in 2 days." - Pecia
"Loved it! Thanks for another great class." - Agata
About your teacher: Charlotte Newland is an accomplished dressmaker, quilter and all-round crafter. She is the winner of the Great British Sewing Bee 2016 and her quilts have received awards at QuiltCon and the Blogger's Quilt Festival. She lives in London with her husband, kids, dog, cat and sewing machines. Charlotte can be found online at charlottenewland.com
Skills needed: This class is suitable for intermediate dressmakers who have sewn several garments previously.
Materials: The Ginger Jeans or Morgan jeans pattern will be provided, but students will need to bring or buy the fabric, thread, zip and hardware for their jeans. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. All materials can be purchased at The Village Haberdashery and students receive a 10% discount when they purchase class materials in the shop. Sewing machines and all tools will be provided.
Ginger Jeans supplies list:
- Fabric: Stretch denim with at least 2% stretch (please see the pattern back here for requirements for your size) and 1/2 metre cotton lining for pockets.
- Denim zipper
- A jeans button and denim rivets
- 1/4 metre woven fusible interfacing (like Vilene)
- Coordinating thread
Morgan Jeans supplies list:
- Fabric: Light to heavyweight non-stretch and selvedge denim (please see the pattern back here for requirements for your size) and 1/2 metre cotton lining for pockets.
- Jeans buttons (size 0-14 x 4, size 16-18 x 5, size 20 x 6)
- Topstitching thread and regular thread
- 1/4 yd (.2m) fusible interfacing
- Denim rivets (optional)
For both styles you'll also need the same amount of denim for your toile.
Class size: 5
Length: 3 days / 7 hours per day
Location: The Village Haberdashery at West Hampstead Square NW6 2BR
If you're interested in a payment plan for this class, please get in touch! You can find out more information about our payment plans here.
Please note that there are no refunds for class bookings. For more information about our classes, refer to our Class Policies or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.