This is a Sewing Machine with Cathy MacDonald
A MASK OR FACE COVERING IS REQUIRED IN THE SHOP INCLUDING DURING OUR CLASSES.
This class will introduce aspiring stitchers - or those who need a refresher - how to use a sewing machine! Our intensive 2.5 hour class covers all of the skills and you need to use a machine with confidence. Whether you'd like to start dressmaking, quilting or home DIYs, this class is the perfect place to start.
We use Janome XL601 sewing machines in our class. You may be able to bring your own machine to class. Please contact us after booking if you'd like to do this so we can confirm your machine is suitable for the class. If you are bringing your own machine, you'll need to come early to set it up and come to class with your machine's handbook.
This workshop covers:
- Machine safety
- Learn the different functions of the sewing machine
- Threading the machine
- Winding a bobbin
- Changing a needle, needle position, needle size
- Mastering sewing machine speed control
- Sewing straight lines, curves and corners
- Sewing seams (understanding seam allowance)
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Using a seam ripper
- How to use the overlocking (serging) stitch on a sewing machine
- Care of your machine and troubleshooting
Skills needed: This class is designed for absolute beginners.
Materials: All materials will be provided.
Class size: 6
Length: 2.5 hours
Location: The Village Haberdashery at West Hampstead Square NW6 2BR
Please note that there are no refunds for class bookings. For more information about our classes, refer to our Class Policies or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.