Tilly and the Buttons - Erin Dungarees
Simple to sew, the Erin dungarees or overalls are ideal for days where comfort is key. Oh so versatile, choose from multiple versions and wide a variety of fabrics, including knits as well as wovens.
- Easy-fitting style
- Choice of three leg lengths
- Princess seams create gentle shaping
- Lined bib for a tidy finish
- Adjustable ties – pull through buttonholes or tie at the shoulders
- Lowline waist with in-seam pockets at the front
SIZE RANGE: UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62
LEVEL: Confident beginner
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Suitable for a wide variety of fabrics. From soft wovens such as needlecord, linen and blends, chambray, soft twill and viscose (rayon); to low stretch knits such as French terry and ponte roma.
Where using a relatively thick fabric such as needlecord, makers should choose a light- to medium-weight cotton for the bib lining (and pockets if they like) – otherwise they can use the main fabric for the lining too.
- Matching thread
- 0.2m (1/4yd) iron-on interfacing
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including buttonhole foot for buttonhole version